Friday, October 4, 2013

IVF - Update 5

Waiting...Waiting...
photo credit: left-hand via photopin cc


I haven't been posting much because there isn't a whole lot going on right now. It's mostly the waiting game. 

This month is prepping my body for the 1st (and hopefully last) embryo transfer. They had me on birth control pills to regulate my cycle. Just before the pills finished I started on the daily Lupron injections. Small ones but pokey pokey in the belly again. This week the dosage of the injections was reduced and I'm taking a baby aspirin once a day (to help prevent clotting). I'm also wearing an estrogen patch. At some point I'll be wearing 4 of them, LOL.

The idea right now is that they are trying to get my uterus lining to the most ideal state for the transfer and it will be monitored roughly once a week. It's a gradual process to increase the lining. If it gets too thick then we have to start all over again, so naturally I'm hoping that doesn't happen.  

There are a couple more meds that I will have to start in a week or two. One of them will be the progesterone shots in the butt muscle which Mr. Blue will kindly do for me.  :)

If everything goes well we should be able to do the transfer in about 3 weeks time, with the pregnancy test being on Halloween.  :-D

The other interesting thing is that they recommend acupuncture on the transfer day before and after the procedure. We don't have to do it but I'm going to try it if it helps and I've never had acupuncture before so what the heck.

One last note.  Yes the meds are messing with my system.  My emotions are kind of out of whack.  I noticed my writing is a little off as well, so my apologies.  I'm happy but I also feel kind of numb if that makes sense. But then again it changes from day to day so who knows how I'll feel tomorrow.

My next post will either be after the first injection that Mr. Blue does (so I can bitch about it) or after the transfer since I'll be on bed rest for 36 hours. Like I said, it's mainly a waiting game right now.

Hope everyone is well!

1 comment:

  1. Don't let Mr Blue get too enthusiastic with the needles. . . . . .

    ReplyDelete