Friday, July 26, 2013

IVF - The latest

Oh Look! My Ovaries!
photo credit: Joe Shlabotnik via photopin cc

My apologies for not posting more, I haven't been feeling that great. My ovaries are now the size of bowling balls. Ok, that's an exaggeration but it sure feels like it isn't. I've never been more aware of my ovaries in my life. I have a LOT of follicles right now and it's making things very uncomfortable. Bloating, back pain, cramping, upset tummy, crankiness...

We're getting closer to retrieval so they have been reducing my stim meds. Due to the number of follicles I have I'm a risk for hyperstimulation. They've recommended I eat foods with high sodium content to help reduce the risk. Gonna have to throw my diet out the window for the next few days.

I'm still giving myself the injections. I haven't been having any reactions to the Cetrotide the past couple of days which prompted me to ask the Nurse if it's still working correctly. It is, apparently my skin has finally gotten used to it. I have only one left though, go figure.

Due to my risk of hyperstimulation they've given me a different kind of trigger medicine. This one is better than the other because I can do it myself instead of having Mr. Blue give me a shot in the ass. Which also means I can't be upset with him hurting me. Always a good thing.  :)
Keep your minds out of the gutter!!

I have another appointment tomorrow and then hopefully I will be where we need to be for retrieval on Monday.

This will all be worth it when we get pregnant.  And then I'll be able to tell our kid what I went through to get them here, including the labor story.  ;-)

**Hyperstimulation is when the ovaries become dangerously enlarged with fluid.  The fluid can then leak into the abdomen which can cause problems such as pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment