Wednesday, July 17, 2013

IVF Update

I Can Haz Hug-Me Jacket?!?
photo credit: Suus Wansink via photopin cc

Today was my first appointment to check to see how my system is responding to the medications. My last day of the Cetrotide was Friday but I was still taking the estrogen. So far I am on track! My ultrasound was good, no issues and my blood work came back great as well. I also got the call that my genetic tests came back negative for certain defect markers so that was a relief.

When meeting with the nurse I asked about anti-anxiety medications. The Doctor doesn't want me on any additional meds so as not to throw things out of whack. I get it, I do, but man oh man...

My emotions have been on overload. I don't know that I've ever felt this out of control. One moment the slightest little thing will put me into a violent rage and the next moment I'm balling my eyes out. I'm doing everything I can to control my emotions right now. I'm not even 100% sure it's the IVF medications. I'm convinced that women are naturally psycho anyway but damn! Mr. Blue is and has been my anchor in the storm. I couldn't do this without him. He's very patient with my emotional outbursts and helps to bring me back to reason.

Thank you my love!

Today has been a good day though, no emotional outbursts. I'm guessing it's because I didn't have to take any estrogen today. Yesterday was my last day for that. Tomorrow I start the stimulation meds. One pokey in the morning and one pokey in the evening + a pill. Woot! I get to be a human pin cushion (as all of the diabetics roll their eyes at me).

Sunday is my next Doctor's appointment and hopefully everything will still be going well and I'll still be on track for egg extraction at the end of the month.

And now for some chocolate...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure I can find that Jacket on amazon or e-bay or somewhere....

    Ooops I mean, I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're having a rough go of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Blue,

    I can send my Jacket across the ocean for your use, and plans for one of those special padded rooms.

    Good luck and I hope it's successful.

    ReplyDelete